Results of the 2015 Job Board Trends Survey Are Here!
The results of the 2015 Job Board Trends Survey are now available. This survey, a coproduction of IAEWS and JobBoardDoctor, was taken by 197 job board owners, operators, and employees around the globe from November 2014 through January 2015. As with last year’s survey, we asked about all aspects of the job board business – from specific data on job applications, traffic, and site focus, to broader questions about the direction of our industry. Here are some of the highlights from this year’s survey:
- 50% of respondents are reporting site traffic of 50,000 or more uniques per month
- Over 50% of the jobs posted are single job postings
- Most niche sites see 5-20 applications per job; most general sites see 11-30 applications per jobs
- 69% of respondents are using aggregators
- Over 80% view the quality of applicants as critical for their employers
- Almost half of sites surveyed are getting 20% or more of their traffic from mobile sources
- Job aggregators and LinkedIn are seen as the primary threats to job boards in the coming year 2014 seemed to be a year of consolidation, growth, and expansion. As one respondent said, “Growing at 20% / year and that makes me happy”.
Curious? You can download the survey results here (free registration is required). Thanks to everyone who participated!
Source: Results of the 2015 Job Board Trends Survey Are Here! by JobBoardDoctor